[NUUG fiksgatami] FixMystreet in Norway?

Christer Gundersen christer at friprog.no
Mon Nov 15 11:18:57 CET 2010

Hi Tom,

The Norwegian project team has been working with a list of changes they believe are needed to set the Norwegian version of fixmystreet.com in production :

- Set up a MaPit service using Norwegian map data and non-british
coordinates (preferably GPS coordinates).
- Use OpenLayers to draw the map and collect the location info. Got
some patches for this on <URL: http://www.fiksgatami.no/ >.
- Change FixMyStreet to use non-british coordinates (preferably GPS
coordinates). Got some incomplete patches for this on
- Make sure all user-visible texts in FixMyStreet is translatable.
- Translate the rest of fixmystreet to Norwegian Bokmål.
- Set up a git repository for the test code we use on fiksgatami.no.
- Figure out how requests find their way to the correct authority,
and set up some test routes to for example Oslo.

We have now gathered some partners who are willing to contribute with funding, we look forward to a response from you on wether if you guys in MySociety can help to bring up the Norwegian website.

Best regards,
Christer