[NUUG kart] Statens kartverk

Gustav Foseid gustavf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 22:20:27 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Wojtej <wojak at inet.biz.pl> wrote:

> I'm a new in this mailing list, so first of all few words about me:
> My name is Wojciech and I'm involved in OSM project since about 2 years,
> now I'm most active in west OSLO area (SKUI/V?yenenga)

Welcome to the list :-)

> I only wanted to say two things:
>
> Today I have noticed an interesting information about map data:
>
> http://www.aftenposten.no/forbruker/digital/nyheter/internett/article3369141.ece
> And I'm wondering how we could use this data for OSM project?

Not at all. The license for these maps fails almost all aspects of what we
would consider "free" in an OpenStreetMap perspecive. In most aspects the
license is more restrictive than Google Maps and Yahoo Maps, and in a few
aspects (most notably usage within applications) they do permit some use
cases not allowed by Google/Yahoo.

> The second thing is that I have an  free access to a conference room (in
> OSLO) where we (active OSM people) could have a meeting and discuss (if
> there is something to discuss), for me it would be nice to meet people and
> know how many of us is here and what the activity is, or what the plans for
> the feature are etc. ...

We have had a couple of meetups fail, but perhaps we should try again after
christmas some time?

 - Gustav