[NUUG kart] [NUUG fiksgatami] FixMystreet in Norway?

Gorm Eriksen gormer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:55:46 CET 2011

Hi,

I had some trouble automating the extraction of OSM data, but I have created
a dump using osmium based on data extracted using josm. It's available here:
<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4954103/20110207_osm_no_boundaries.zip>.

The quality of this data doesn't look too good and it would need some more
work, validation and testing to be useable..E.g. I saw at least one error in
the file, it doesn't contain the id of the kommune (only OSM relation id)
and I saw an issue with charset encoding of the kommune name in the datafile
that I need to find the source error for.

If this file gives you trouble then I would advise to use the official data
from the local mapping authority available as shape here: <
http://www.statkart.no/?module=Files;action=File.getFile;ID=41973>.. It
contains correct charset for the kommunes and also the correct id. However,
we will continue the process of improving the quality of the shape file dump
from OSM.

Cheers,

Gorm Haug Eriksen