[NUUG kart] Removing "WikiProject" prefix

dcapillae dcapillae at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 23:10:34 CEST 2019

Hi,

I am Daniel, from Spain. I would like to change the name of the wiki
pages related to the Norway mapping project to remove the "Wikiproject"
prefix according to the pages name conventions [1].

The name of the pages related to the Norway mapping project would be
"Norway" (name of place) instead of "Wikiproject Norway", as recommended
by the wiki conventions. It is a change that I have already made in
United States [2], Canada [3], Spain [4], Australia [5], New Zealand
[6], South Africa [7], and all Spanish-speaking countries [8] on the
Wiki. The pages of Israel, Denmark and Philippines have also been
renamed. We will remove the prefix from the pages of the UK mapping
project this week.

I could make the necessary changes, and also add the "Country" template
[9] to the Norway project page, although this change is optional.

All pages with "WikiProject" prefix will be redirected automatically.
There will be no broken links in any case.  I'll make sure everything
works correctly, just like now.

Do you like the idea? I have posted this message on the wiki in case you
prefer to comment there [10].

Thank you for you attention! Greetings from Spain.

Regards,
Daniel

[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wiki_organisation#Pages_naming_convention