[NUUG fiksgatami] [patch] Small update to the norwegian fixmystreet translation

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Fri Aug 14 17:50:54 CEST 2009

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Selvam Velmurugan]

>> We launched FixOurCity (based on FixMyStreet) in Chennai couple of months
>> ago. So far it has helped resolve 32 civic  issues that were reported
>> through the site :)
>>
>> At present, we're working towards launching it in Hyderabad in another 4-6
>> weeks and Delhi by end of this year.
>
> Very nice to hear.

Indeed! :)

 > Are the patches you applied to the code available
> on the web.  What changes did you have to do to get it working?

I should point out it is a condition of the Affero GPL licence that the
changes you have made to the FixMyStreet code need to be made available,
so hopefully you can put them up somewhere :-)

I tried Latha Street in Velachery, which gave a map of the sea:
     http://fixourcity.org/?pc=Velachery&pc_street=latha+street
and the "click here" to proceed doesn't seem to do anything (as an
aside, I'd avoid "click here" as link text as it's meaningless out of
context, e.g. when being read by a screenreader). I see you're using
Google static maps rather than their full JS maps - it appears you still
have my map dragging code though, which means you can drag the static
map around even though there's nothing there - you might want to disable
it :)

ATB,
Matthew