[NUUG fiksgatami] Adapting MySociety websites

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Feb 5 10:48:36 CET 2009

[Selvam Velmurugan]
> A quick clarification OpenLayers. How does it fare against
> OpenStreetMap ?  Is it easier to OpenLayers or does it have
> additional features ?

OpenStreetmap (OSM) is using OpenLayers to draw the map on their web
site, so I believe it is a great solution for OSM. :) OpenLayers is a
generic API capable of handling Google Maps, OSM, Yahoo Maps, etc.  We
will probably use OSM by default in Norway, and allow users to switch
to Google Maps.

> Sounds good. We can begin focusing on replacing mapit with some
> generic solution.

Great.

Happy hacking,