[NUUG fiksgatami] Adapting MySociety websites

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Feb 11 21:58:06 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:51:41PM -0800, selvam velmurugan wrote:
> A quick update.
>
> We're at present stuck with installing postgresql on a redhat host. The plan
> is to get the issue resolved within this weekend and start hacking at a
> generic solution for mapit.
>
> How is it coming on your end ?

Not much progress for me the last week.  I managed to submit and get
accepted patches to make more strings translatable, but that is about
it.  Cleaned up the locale switching code a bit too, but nothing big.

I am unsure how to progress.  I would like to get to the point where I
can get reports inserted into the database, but it will probably
require a working mapit mechanism to map locations to local area
government, and it might also require a working map.  But a working
map will probably need to replace northing/easting with long/lat, and
I am not sure how such change would be received by the mysociety
people, as it probably require a change of their existing database
content.

I guess I will try to fake mapit (just put a large area around all of
norway), and see if I run into new problems and strings when I get
further in the report registration process.

Happy hacking,