[NUUG fiksgatami] Adapting MySociety websites

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Feb 11 22:30:09 CET 2009

[Selvam Velmurugan]
> For some reason, I thought Matthew already acknowledged that moving
> to lat/long is a necessary step towards making the platform
> generic. Should we ping him to make sure he (and rest of the
> mysociety team) is onboard with the proposed change ?

Yeah, probably a good idea. :)

> Some high-level clarifications. Is your effort funded by some
> organization/institution in Norway (or is it mainly a personal
> effort) ?

All our work here in Norway is volunteer work by members and
associated persons of the Norwegian UNIX User Group, a member
assosiation here in Norway.  We got hardware and network donated by
the University of Oslo thanks to the cooperation between NUUG and the
university.

> How are planning to hook-up with the government departments (to
> which the issues need to be routed)?

We have not yet concluded, but the general idea is that the government
can not refuse to accept requests from the public, and thus we could
just email, fax or insert it into a web form to the appropriate
department.  Some counties already have web services for accepting
messages from the public, and we will probably use these where it make
sense.  Our initial idea is to start with one of the areas where the
county accept requests using a web form, and see how it work out.

Hapy hacking,