[NUUG fiksgatami] Accessing tile server

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Mon Feb 16 17:42:47 CET 2009

selvam velmurugan wrote:
> 1. How does BCI log info/debug/warn/error ? Since I couldn't find any I
> installed Log4perl -  for some old-style debugging :)

For us, with our setup, it warns/errors to our Apache log (which we then
get emailed about). There isn't any debugging logging in the code.

> 2. What are the steps to setup EvEl ?

The code is in services/EvEl - but I can't really spend any time at the
moment explaining how to set it up if you can't work it out. It's
another web service you might not need/want, it doesn't really do
anything beyond sending email, which could plausibly be better done by
exim or whatever. You could just use mySociety::Email::construct_email()
and mySociety::EmailUtil::send_email() - the only real reason I used
EvEl was our SMTP server did/does immediate recipient verify checking,
which meant with hosts that use greylisting they received unnecessary
failure errors.

ATB,
Matthew