[NUUG fiksgatami] Fixmystreet translation for nb_NO.UTF-8

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Thu Jan 15 18:19:34 CET 2009

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> updates for the apache config,

Hmm, we use Apache2 pretty standardly, so I can't explain why the
RewriteRule or ProxyPass does not work for you. For the former, did you
turn on a RewriteLog and see what that said?

> The locale push/pop calls are probably wrong.  I am not sure yet where
> they should be placed.

The problem is in the call to wgs84_to_national_grid, so I'd place it
simply around those calls for the beginning.

This raises a much bigger issue, though - FixMyStreet uses easting and
northing internally, which are a British Isles only measurement. I guess
you'll need to change that to use latitude and longitude. :-/ In which
case, you wouldn't need those calls to translate the latitude/longitude
to easting/northing at all.

>>> Have not looked into it yet.  Currently trying to figure out why "All
>>> repots" do not work.  Only get a "HTTP error: 403 Forbidden" message
>>> in the log. :(
>> Can't think of anything for that, I'm afraid.
>
> Me neither, and the error message is useless.

Are you using suexec? Are the permissions correct (and everything else
suexec demands)?

> Btw, how much work do you believe it would be to replace the current
> map with a OpenLayers based one?

I've never used OpenLayers, I'm afraid - its requirement for JavaScript
meant I couldn't, but had to have something that was accessible to all -
but as long as it could submit a form upon a click, I don't think it
would be that hard (given the above lat/lon change was already done!).

ATB,
Matthew