[NUUG fiksgatami] FixMystreet in Norway?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Dec 17 13:17:52 CET 2010

Following up on this, as we have not seen any replies for our request
so far.

[Christer Gundersen 2010-11-15]
> We have now gathered some partners who are willing to contribute
> with funding, we look forward to a response from you on wether if
> you guys in MySociety can help to bring up the Norwegian website.

>From our point of view it is preferable if the current developers of
the fixmystreet source code extend it to be more usable outside
Britain, for several reasons.

 - Those know the code best, and can adjust it to handle GPS
   coordinates and other map sources with the least amount of work,
   because less time is needed to become familiar with the code.

 - This will directly help those in other countries that want to set
   up their own version of fixmystreet, reducing the effort needed to
   get it operational.

 - No need to try to push changes back into the mysociety, as it is
   done in the master source.

 - Less maintenance effort, as only one version of the source exist
   and no need for merges and forward porting of patches in the
   future.

But if MySociety do not have time to do this, or even worse, do not
have time to reply to our request if you have time to do this, we will
have to start looking for alternatives.  An obvious alternative is to
get someone here in Norway to do the coding, but it will be more work
and probably create more maintenance work in the future.

Because of this, I hope you soon find time to reply to the requests
Christer sent.

If you lost the email Christer sent, it is available from

Happy hacking,