[NUUG fiksgatami] FixMystreet in Norway?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Dec 17 13:49:54 CET 2010

[Tom Steinberg]
> Unfortunately I have not seen any previous correspondence about this,
> and now I see that it is because it was marking all Christer's emails
> as spam. So sorry! I am very glad you persisted with emailing today.

Aha.  Glad we were able to figure that out. :)

> There remains, however, one key question, which is how much money
> might be available to do this project?

Right.  To us the key question at the moment is how much is needed,
not how much we got. :)

> Packaging and supporting software for re-use in other countries is a
> lot harder than building it in the first place.

As Christer said in his initial email and his followup, all available
from <URL: http://lists.nuug.no/pipermail/fiksgatami/2010-November/000140.html >,
we have an idea what tasks are needed to adjust fixmystreet for Norway
(list available in the URL above), and want someone that know the code
more to verify if this list is complete and for mysociety to give us
an estimate on how much you want to make these adjustments to the
code.

When we have an estimate on how much money is needed, we will see how
far we get with the funding we got, and if try to raise more funding.
At the moment we have some funding secured (around 20k NOK, around 2k
GBP) and promises for more, but we want to have an idea how much is
needed before we continue.

We got a server set aside for the work, and a draft site operational

Happy hacking,