[NUUG fiksgatami] Include administrative borders in the Shape files for Norway?

Frederik Ramm frederik.ramm at geofabrik.de
Fri Nov 5 22:28:27 CET 2010

Petter,

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I have checked in OpenStreetmap.org, and there the admin borders are
> present as relations, so the raw material should be present.

Producing proper area shapes from relations is difficult and outside the
scope of what our simple-and-fast nightly shape file build can do. I can
make a snapshot export for you (from our internal postgis database) if
you want but I cannot include that in the daily build.

Geofabrik has a client who asked us to create a better osm2shp tool
capable of doing the relation to area conversion properly, and once that
is finished (hopefully in December) it will be open-sourced and uploaded
to OSM SVN.

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm        www.geofabrik.de
Geofabrik GmbH       Handelsregister: HRB Mannheim 703657