[NUUG fiksgatami] Litt bevegelse i prosjektet?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Oct 31 11:11:17 CET 2010

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Det trengs et estimat om hvor mye det vil koste å betale MySociety
> for å videreutvikle fixmystreet til å fungere i Norge og et budsjett
> for hva det vil koste å få fiksgatami operativ for å se om vi kan
> skaffe nok finansiering til å gjennomføre en slik plan.

I do not have the complete picture, but here are some of the tasks
that need to be done, written to help Christer who is in contact with
MySociety:

 - Set up a MaPit service using Norwegian map data and non-british
   coordinates (preferably GPS coordinates).

 - Use OpenLayers to draw the map and collect the location info.  Got
   some patches for this on <URL: http://www.fiksgatami.no/ >.

 - Change FixMyStreet to use non-british coordinates (preferably GPS
   coordinates).  Got some incomplete patches for this on

 - Get a Shape file export from OpenStreetmap.org where the
   administrative border information is provied as polygons instead of
   lines.  See

 - Make sure all user-visible texts in FixMyStreet is translatable.

 - Translate the rest of fixmystreet to Norwegian Bokmål.

 - Set up a git repository for the test code we use on fiksgatami.no.

 - Figure out how requests find their way to the correct authority,
   and set up some test routes to for example Oslo.

Did I forget something?

We have some funding already.  NUUG said last year that we could use
20k on this project.  I expect this is still true.  NUUG Foundation
has said they can provide 30k used on efforts also helping
OpenStreetmap.org (like the OSM export fix).  I also expect this is
available next year.  And Christer in Friprog-senteret said they can
provide 50k next yet.  So we have 100k available so far.  Not sure if
that is enough or not, but if you know of any willing funding sources,
please let us know.

Christer is going to ask MySociety for their list of what they believe
need to change to get fixmystreet to work in Norway, and then we can
combine these lists and ask for a estimate on what it will cost to get
the service working.

Vennlig hilsen,