[NUUG fiksgatami] Confusing question about being anonymous?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Apr 19 10:10:20 CEST 2011

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> I just noticed in <URL: http://www.fiksgatami.no/report/4319 > a
> user complaining about the Norwegian question about being anonymous
> being confusing.  The text is a direct translation from the English
> text:
>
>   [ ] "Can we show your name on the site?" (English)
>   [ ] "Kan vi vise ditt navn offentlig?" (Norwegian)

Gah, I picked the wrong one.  The code look like this:

    if ($q->{site} eq 'emptyhomes') {
        $vars{anonymous} = _('Can we show your name on the site?');
    } else {
        $vars{anonymous} = _('Can we show your name publicly?');
    }

(Why are these two different?)

Anyway, the text used on fixmystreet is this:

  [ ] Can we show your name publicly?
  [ ] Kan vi vise ditt navn offentlig?

And my point still holds, as it is the 'Can we' and the question mark
that seem to confuse.

Happy hacking,