[NUUG fiksgatami] Since 14:15 today, reports are not sent to the councils

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Dec 21 16:13:50 CET 2011

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> I have no idea what is wrong, but suspect OSM nearest road lookup.
> I do not have time to investigate right now, so I hope someone else
> can look at it while I am busy.  I'll be back in an hour or so.

I finally found time to track down the problem.  The cause was that
nominatim.openstreetmap.org, the service we use to locate the nearest
road using OSM, was overloaded.  When this happen, no XML is returned,
but instead some error message on a different format.  The result was
cached in memcached and thus the error lingered and blocked
send-reports from working.  I flushed memcached to allow send-reports
to work again and flush the queue of reports.

  (echo flush_all; sleep 1) | telnet localhost 11211
  /srv/fiksgatami-prod.nuug.no/fixmystreet/bin/cron-wrapper send-reports

We should consider either helping the nominatim team to increase the
service capasity, or set up our own copy for our usage.