[NUUG fiksgatami] [patch] Try to get Apache in Debian/Squeeze working with fixmystreet

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Sun Feb 6 17:32:12 CET 2011

[ removing team at mysociety.org ]

>> This patch solved the issue.  Is it the correct approach?

You won't be using tilma (it's a Great Britain only tile server), so it
doesn't really matter; but no, the lines are correct as is; Edmund has
updated the documentation a bit, thanks Edmund.

>> What are the lines doing anyway?  I was unable to figure out why
>> this mapping from /tilma/ were used instead of using the URL
>> directly.

The URLs for tilma are called via JavaScript, which means we have the
Same Origin policy to work around.

> Your server will crash when this service returns a 403 error to it.
> The current patch is just to warn these email to STDERR - but I'll
> change that to send the emails normally if no EvEl server is
> specified in the config.

It could catch the exception the call to EvEl makes (I think), which
would then work in more situations (e.g. if EvEl is down) than just when
the config variable is set to blank.

ATB,
Matthew