[NUUG fiksgatami] FixMystreet in Norway?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Feb 7 11:45:49 CET 2011

[Gorm Eriksen]
> Hi Matthew, I have tried to create shapefiles from OpenStreetMap,
> but it's not been successful.

Please give us an update on your progress.  This is needed fairly
quickly, as mySociety are paid the next few weeks to adjust
fixmystreet for Norway and need a map source to get mapit running.

We discussed the map source needs for MaPit on IRC (#fixmystreet on
irc.mysociety.org), and Matthew tells me that what is needed are shape
files with polygons, and names and preferably IDs for each kommune.

He said http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/406106 seem like
a good polygon example, and with the names and IDs available the
import should work.

I guess the kommunenummer ID might be a good one.  A list of these are
available from
<URL:http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_over_norske_kommunenummer>.  I
am not sure if OSM include them.

Is this enough information for you to provide a test source for import?

Happy hacking,