[NUUG fiksgatami] [patch] Some updates for the Norwegian Bokmål translation

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Fri Feb 11 13:10:08 CET 2011

On 11/02/2011 10:47, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> The strings on the front page refer to "GB postcode", which do not
> make sense for Norway.  What about changing this to just "postcode"?
> The string in question is "Enter a nearby GB postcode, or street name
> and area:".

The GB has to remain on FixMyStreet - otherwise people in Northern
Ireland complain :) But this doesn't matter - don't translate it
literally, translate it as if it says postcode, that's fine; the code
will presumably work accordingly, I would hope.

> For branding, the "FixMyStreet" string in the upper left corner and
> "FixMyStreet updates" on the front page should be changed to use our
> name (FiksGataMi).

Both strings are in your .po file to be translated? One at #:
perllib/Page.pm:219 the other at #: perllib/Problems.pm:155.

> The mysociety logo in the upper right corner should be changed.
> Either to NUUG or like on mapit.nuug.no, to include both NUUG and
> mysociety.

If you have a NUUG logo, we can change it to that. Actually, you can use
the translation for that too - the logo HTML is in there, at #:
perllib/Page.pm:361.

> The text in the lower left corner should be changed from "Built by
> mySociety, using some clever code." to something "Built by mySociety
> and maintained by NUUG, using some clever code.".

This is in the translation file, at #: perllib/Page.pm:362.

> Last, we probably need to be able to replace the FAQ completely, as
> most of it talk about the british project.

Yes, the FAQ is just a static file, so you can just have your own
version easily with a minor code change.

ATB,
Matthew