[NUUG fiksgatami] [patch] Polish translations and make more text translatable

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Thu Feb 17 11:04:15 CET 2011

On 16/02/2011 21:57, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Here is an updated translation polishing some of the texts.

Thanks, now committed.

> I also include untested code to make some missing texts translatable.
> Please review and test before commiting if the changes are ok.  I just
> pass it on to get feedback on the approach, as I lack the time right
> now to test it.

I've tweaked a couple of bits and committed.

> The perllib/Page.pm change is representative for a problem I found
> several places, where it is assumed that adding 's' at the end of a
> work make it plural.  This is not the case for Norwegian.

Yes, that'll quite possibly be in a few places. The correct approach is
to call mySociety::Locale::nget(singular-string, plural-string, number)
which will then return the correct string for whatever the locale has
for plural number handling.

ATB,
Matthew