[NUUG fiksgatami] Include administrative borders in the Shape files for Norway?

Frederik Ramm ramm at geofabrik.de
Thu Jan 6 18:29:51 CET 2011

Petter,

On 12/28/2010 12:29 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Hi.  Did you get this email?  I have not seen any reply.

I'm sorry. The reason I was dragging my feet on this is that I cannot,
not even for money, modify our mass shapefile generation process to use
a different method on a per-country basis - that would not only make
things much more complex but it would also confuse users who would
suddenly find the Norway shapefile being structurally different from the
Sweden file and so on.

However our improved shapefile generator of which I spoke earlier has
meanwhile been released under GPL and published (it is actually included
in Osmium but not yet very well documented - see
http://blog.jochentopf.com/2011-01-05-osmium.html).

I hope that I'll be able to produce an improved Norway shape for you
within the next few days. Then if you find that this meets your demands,
you can either download the Norway OSM extract on a regular basis and
run it through Osmium yourself at no cost, or we could do that for you
on a Geofabrik server for a fee.

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm           www.geofabrik.de
Geofabrik GmbH          Handelsregister: HRB Mannheim 703657