[NUUG fiksgatami] FixMystreet in Norway?

Gorm Eriksen gormer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 14:27:12 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 3:36 PM, Matthew Somerville
<matthew at mysociety.org> wrote:
> The shape files you are going to get - what would they contain? Fylker
> boundaries, kommuner boundaries, bydeler boundaries, all, or just some?
>  From a quick read of Wikipedia, it would seem like, if possible, you
> may want to direct some reports (e.g. county roads) to the
> fylkeskommune, and other/most reports to the kommune? The bydeler, from
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_and_government_of_Oslo at least,
> seem to not have anything FixMyStreet-related under their power, but
> that could of course be wrong and you'll probably know better!

Hi Matthew, I have tried to create shapefiles from OpenStreetMap, but
it's not been successful.

I did some testing, starting with the administrative boundaries on the
fylke and national level, using an OpenStreetMap dump from
geofabrik.de, but there seems to be missing some nodes from this dump
so I was unable to create polygons. Then I fetched the data directly
from OSM, but I have not been able to do a proper conversion to
polygons with neither OSMLib nor osmium and would need to do some
testing and try to isolate the problems.

The backup solution is to use some shapefiles released by our mapping
authority and they are available here:
<http://www.statkart.no/?module=Files;action=File.getFile;ID=41973>
(N5000_AdministrativGrense.shp with polylines and
N5000_AdministrativFlate.shp with polygons). Not sure if the "fylker"
boundaries are in that file, but at least "kommuner" is.

Cheers, Gorm Eriksen