[NUUG fiksgatami] [patch] Updated Norwegian translation and adjustment to the branding

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Tue Mar 1 10:42:02 CET 2011

On 01/03/2011 08:31, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Here is a new minor update to the FAQ and translation.  Please commit
> to git.

Done.

> Btw, would it be possible to load the post code info available from
>    and use it for post code search instead of Google Maps?  How much
>    work/money is needed for you to develop such support?  The data set
>    only got points, and no areas.  This made me originally believe it
>    was not usable for Mapit, but thought it best to verify this.

Postcodes in the UK are just points; that's what we use for Mapit in the
UK. In an email to here in January, I wrote: "MaPit already uses GPS
coordinates for points, so it just needs a bit of work to store shapes
in GPS co-ordinates rather than the British National Grid it currently
does. Would you just want to use MaPit for the point -> authority look
up, or would you also load postnummer (I don't know how small they are,
or whether Norwegians use them for locating as the UK does)."

It would not be very much work at all; you just need to create a
slightly altered copy of
postcodes/management/commands/import_codepoint.py  (which takes a CSV
file of postcode points and imports it into Mapit), and tweak
FixMyStreet::Geocode to pass things that look like postcodes to Mapit.

ATB,
Matthew