[NUUG fiksgatami] [patch] Add support for norwegian post codes in mapit

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Mar 5 09:24:09 CET 2011

Not quite sure where to send patches now the paid project is
completed, so I try here and hope to get re-routed if there is a
better list to send patches to.

Here is a patch to add support for the norwegian post codes to
mapit.nuug.no, and a script to load them from the data set provided by
Erik Bolstad.

The partial post code search is not working, but I can look up
individual post codes.

Please review, comment, fix or commit.

I hope to get the mapit post code database (and fixmystreet to use it)
in place before monday, to increase the quality of the postcode search
in fiksgatami.no before we announce it, as the post codes from Google
have proven to have quite low quality.  The positions are rarely in
the population center of the postcode area for rural districts.

Happy hacking,