[NUUG fiksgatami] fiksgatami-dev.nuug.no/import broken

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Mar 19 17:43:09 CET 2011

[Anders Einar «Kagee» Hilden]
> The error is quit easy to understand, """ is not a valid
> URL" but has no reference to where the error happened (probably
> somewhere in import.pm).

I found time to have a look, and believe I found the cause.
import.cgi is expecting EvEl to be configured to send emails, while
our setup is using sendmail directly and we do not have an EvEl
installation available.

I believe the fix is to rewrite import.cgi to use the
Page::send_email() wrapper instead of calling mySociety::EvEl::send()
directly, to dynamically select EvEl or sendmail based on the value of
EVEL_URL.

Have not had time to rewrite this myself, but welcome patches.

Happy hacking,