[NUUG fiksgatami] Notes about new fixmystreet version in Norway

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Sep 12 19:36:12 CEST 2011

I just updated the version in production to include the latest fixes.

[Matthew Somerville]
> On 11/09/2011 20:19, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>>   * Scrolling in the map give wrong charset in the title/subject when
>>     the list of problems is updated.  The special norwegian characters
>>     are shown as double UTF-8 encoded characters.
>
> This should now be fixed.

Tested and found to be working.

>>   * http://www.fiksgatami.no/reports/Akershus claim to show 100 problem
>>     reports on the first screen, but only show 2.
>
> I'm just looking into this now, I believe I know the cause.

Still present.

>>   * Some of the Open311 URLs do not work any more.  This do not work:
>>     http://maps.google.com/?q=http://www.fiksgatami.no/open311.cgi/v2/requests.rss%3Fjurisdiction_id%3Dfiksgatami.no%26status%3Dopen%26agency_responsible%3D1854
>>     Changing 'open311.cgi' to 'open311' work.
>
> This should also now be fixed.

Tested and found to be working.

>> Admin pages
>>
>>   * http://www.fiksgatami.no/admin/council_list do not work.  SQL
>>     related crash.
>
> I'll need more details about this, if you don't work it out yourselves.

OK.  Lets move that to a different thread in the bug tracker or on IRC.  This is the log entries when it fail:

  [Mon Sep 12 19:32:55 2011] [warn] [client 84.215.38.245] mod_fcgid:
    stderr: [error] Couldn't render template "admin/council_list.html:
    undef error - DBIx::Class::FilterColumn::get_column(): No such
    column 'c' at
    /srv/fiksgatami-dev.nuug.no/fixmystreet/templates/web/default/admin/council_list.html
    line 27, referer: http://fiksgatami-dev.nuug.no/admin/
  [Mon Sep 12 19:32:55 2011] [warn] [client 84.215.38.245] mod_fcgid:
    stderr: ", referer: http://fiksgatami-dev.nuug.no/admin/
  [Mon Sep 12 19:32:55 2011] [warn] [client 84.215.38.245] mod_fcgid:
    stderr: [error] Couldn't render template "admin/council_list.html:
    undef error - DBIx::Class::FilterColumn::get_column(): No such
    column 'c' at
    /srv/fiksgatami-dev.nuug.no/fixmystreet/templates/web/default/admin/council_list.html
    line 27, referer: http://fiksgatami-dev.nuug.no/admin/
  [Mon Sep 12 19:32:55 2011] [warn] [client 84.215.38.245] mod_fcgid:
    stderr: ", referer: http://fiksgatami-dev.nuug.no/admin/

It is on my todo list, but I have not had time to look at the code. :(

>>   * The questionare results are bogus, 0 is claimed to never have
>>     contacted the goverment before ("Ikke rapportert tidligere" ie "not
>>     reported earlier".
>
> Ah yes, turns out we have that bug too. Fixed.

Tested and found to be working.

>>   * The graph showing problems per day is not working/updated.
>
> The link to the graph wasn't working (fixed), but the graph itself
> is okay for us. I believe you have altered these scripts, so you'll
> have to work out what's wrong.

Yeah.  Fixing that script is on the todo list.

> It certainly does appear to be, the code does not cache pages that
> differ for different users. From IRC, I know you have updated your
> varnish config, so this will hopefully be fixed. The Fiksgatami site
> now does include a line at the top if you're logged in explaining.

Yes, seem to be working as it should now.  I am very grateful to Audun
from VG Net helping out fixing this issue.  I added a link to vg.no in
the FAQ to make it known that we use their caching service.

Happy hacking,