[NUUG fiksgatami] Updating FiksGataMi

Marius Halden marius.h at lden.org
Thu Dec 4 15:46:14 CET 2014

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014, Matthew Somerville wrote:
> Great. I imported the FMS database and the schema update ran on it smoothly
> (apart from noticing I hadn't updated MAPIT_URL!) :-)

Great work so far.

If I'm going to do the setup in prod I would like some more info about
the setup procedure (or a recipe like Petter menitoned).

> Here's what I've done on the new server so far:
> 1. Ran the install script for fixmystreet
> 2. Ran the install script for mapit
I see at least the fixmystreet install script needs some arguments. Do
you remember which arguments you used so we can keep some consistency
between dev and prod?

> 3. Added dev host names to nginx config (and increased server name bucket
> size to allow that)
Except server_name, which settings are do we have to change exactly? Is
the server name bucket you mention called server_names_hash_bucket_size
in the config?

> 4. Updated the site configs - e.g. COUNTRY on mapit, ALLOWED_COBRANDS,
> MAPIT_URL, etc. on FixMyStreet. This will need checking against your
> current configuration, and may not be correct in all areas.
Although I have to match it against our current config, some more
specific pointer to what was done here would be nice.

> 5. Disabled the crontab for FixMyStreet! :)
Was this done because this is a dev system? I assume we would disable it
on prod while doing the data import and then re-enable it when it's
done, is this correct?

> 6. Imported the database dumps for FixMyStreet and MapIt.
Was there any issues during the import I should be aware of?

> 7. Ran update-schema on FixMyStreet.
How is this done? Are there some sort of script or other tool to do this
automatically?

> 8. Your old installation of MapIt predates any use of Django migrations, so
> I had to manually tweak the database to the start of its migrations
> (renaming some tables and adding the country/type tables), at which point
> the migrations then ran okay (with the loading of the fixture too).
Which tables are modified, and how? I think the sql statements used
during this step would help me a lot.

--
Marius Halden