[NUUG fiksgatami] Updating FiksGataMi

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Nov 16 00:56:43 CET 2014

[Matthew Somerville]
> Oh dear, hope you're all okay now!

Better, at least. :)

> Okay, we can wait and see if it works on your new server, then - it
> will depend on how it's set up.

The new server is Debian Wheezy so far.  Perhaps Jessie would be
better?

Anyway, it is named fiksgatami2-dev.nuug.no, and I wonder where I can
find your SSH key.  Perhaps you can send it in a GPG signed email?  Is
your GPG key available from the keyservers and signed into the strong
set?  I did not find it when I did a quick search.

> Great. Both FixMyStreet and MapIt can use an install script to
> install themselves on a clean Debian/Ubuntu server, so if the server
> was just for them then we could use that. Otherwise it shouldn't be
> that many steps to do manually, depending on what web server, etc
> was being used on the server.

The server is not doing anything else.

> The current mapit.nuug.no uses OSM data, as I understand it? So we
> can continue to use that, just copied across, as you say, and then
> update from newer OSM data if it's changed. As you might know, we
> host a global MapIt of OSM data at
> http://global.mapit.mysociety.org/ so hopefully that's kept track of
> more recent boundaries.

Yes.  Tried picking a random point (60,11) and was sent to the correct
county, but <URL: http://global.mapit.mysociety.org/area/532827.html >
do not seem quite right to me so I suspect some cleanup might be
needed...

--
Happy hacking