[NUUG fiksgatami] Updating FiksGataMi

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Nov 21 21:02:41 CET 2014

[Matthew Somerville]
> Great. I imported the FMS database and the schema update ran on it
> smoothly (apart from noticing I hadn't updated MAPIT_URL!) :-)

Great.  :)

> Here's what I've done on the new server so far:
> 1. Ran the install script for fixmystreet
> 2. Ran the install script for mapit
> 3. Added dev host names to nginx config (and increased server name bucket
> size to allow that)
> 4. Updated the site configs - e.g. COUNTRY on mapit, ALLOWED_COBRANDS,
> MAPIT_URL, etc. on FixMyStreet. This will need checking against your
> current configuration, and may not be correct in all areas.
> 5. Disabled the crontab for FixMyStreet! :)
> 6. Imported the database dumps for FixMyStreet and MapIt.
> 7. Ran update-schema on FixMyStreet.
> 8. Your old installation of MapIt predates any use of Django
> migrations, so I had to manually tweak the database to the start of
> its migrations (renaming some tables and adding the country/type
> tables), at which point the migrations then ran okay (with the loading
> of the fixture too).

Very good to hear. :) Did you make a recipe for for it, in case the NUUG
admins want to repeat it for the production server?

> I've noticed one issue to do with date locale strings, which I've put
> in a fix for. Other things all seem to be operating okay from a first
> glance.  You can access the new instances at
> http://fiksgatami.158.36.191.157.xip.io/ and
> http://mapit.158.36.191.157.xip.io/

Great.  The new Fiksgatami look good. :) But the new mapit service have
fonts that only show up as black squares in my Opera 12 on Linux.  The
same happen on the mysociety mapit service.  I guess my Linux box lack
the required font.

> One question - the FMS database dump had some contacts with the
> area_id 2111, but there is no such area in your MapIt. Do you know
> what that's about?

I had a look and see that it is Spitsbergen/Svalbard, where there is a
local norwegian administration.  I imported contact addresses for all
Norwegian local administrations, but dropped that one when I discovered
it was missing from the mapit data set.  The location is the islands on
time there were no border info in OSM.  Not sure if it changed.  Would
be great if we could handle that area too. :)

--
Happy hacking