[NUUG fiksgatami] Updating FiksGataMi

Matthew Somerville matthew at mysociety.org
Tue Nov 25 12:11:12 CET 2014

On 21 November 2014 at 20:02, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:
>> Here's what I've done on the new server so far:
>> 1. Ran the install script for fixmystreet
>> 2. Ran the install script for mapit
>> 3. Added dev host names to nginx config (and increased server name bucket
>> size to allow that)
>> 4. Updated the site configs - e.g. COUNTRY on mapit, ALLOWED_COBRANDS,
>> MAPIT_URL, etc. on FixMyStreet. This will need checking against your
>> current configuration, and may not be correct in all areas.
>> 5. Disabled the crontab for FixMyStreet! :)
>> 6. Imported the database dumps for FixMyStreet and MapIt.
>> 7. Ran update-schema on FixMyStreet.
>> 8. Your old installation of MapIt predates any use of Django
>> migrations, so I had to manually tweak the database to the start of
>> its migrations (renaming some tables and adding the country/type
>> tables), at which point the migrations then ran okay (with the loading
>> of the fixture too).
>
> Very good to hear. :) Did you make a recipe for for it, in case the NUUG
> admins want to repeat it for the production server?

Not at present, as I wasn't sure what had to be done, but I can put a
script together if that would be useful, for getting to its current
state. It would be good to know precisely what changes need to be made
to the configuration files first, beyond the ones I have already made.

When you want to move the live site across, you will have to turn off/
disable writing to the database of the old site, naturally, so that
you don't lose any new reports in the process.

> Great.  The new Fiksgatami look good. :) But the new mapit service have
> fonts that only show up as black squares in my Opera 12 on Linux.  The
> same happen on the mysociety mapit service.  I guess my Linux box lack
> the required font.

That's odd, as discussed in IRC I'll look into it. Is it all the font,
or just the headings?

>> One question - the FMS database dump had some contacts with the
>> area_id 2111, but there is no such area in your MapIt. Do you know
>> what that's about?
>
> I had a look and see that it is Spitsbergen/Svalbard, where there is a
> local norwegian administration.  I imported contact addresses for all
> Norwegian local administrations, but dropped that one when I discovered
> it was missing from the mapit data set.  The location is the islands on
> time there were no border info in OSM.  Not sure if it changed.  Would
> be great if we could handle that area too. :)

http://global.mapit.mysociety.org/area/508080.html appears to be
Svalbard - is that the right area to use? We could manually add that
boundary for now, or we could rerun the import scripts for all the
boundaries from OSM if that would bring them more up to date, up to
you.

ATB,
Matthew