[NUUG fiksgatami] Upgrading fiksgatami.no for us?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Sep 10 14:03:20 CEST 2014

Hi.

Just a quick question to get an idea about the cost involved.  Here in
Norway, the fixmystreet instance have been running mostly untouched
since 2011, and we would like to have it upgraded to the latest code
base and a new operating system.  But we so far have lacked the time
to do it ourselves.

Would it be possible to pay someone who know the code base to do the
upgrade for us?  For example someone at mySociety?  How much would it
cost?  Once we have an idea about the cost level, we can try to find
sponsors to fund it.

The current setup run on virtual machines, we have one production
machine and one development machine, both running Debian Squeeze.  We
would like to upgrade to Debian Wheezy or perhaps Debian Jessie (if it
is released before we get to upgrading. :)

The currently running code is available from
fiksgatami-prod.nuug.no fiksgatami-dev.nuug.no branches.

Cc to the public norwegian project list.

--
Happy hacking