OOXML demonstration in Oslo wednesday 12:00

aktive at nuug.no aktive at nuug.no
Mon Apr 7 22:36:13 CEST 2008

Oslo, 2008-04-07

Steve Pepper, the former Chairman of the Norwegian committee
responsible for deciding the Norwegian vote on OOXML, is calling for a
demonstration to take place outside the building where SC34, the ISO
committee that has been landed with OOXML, is holding its spring
plenary.

The demonstration will take place outside H%G�%@ndverkeren,
Rosenkrantzgate 7, Oslo, Norway, on Wednesday April 9 at 12.00. Among
the slogans are:

* No to ISO approval of OOXML!
* Defend the integrity of ISO!
* Microsoft: Support ODF!
* Ecma: Withdraw OOXML!
* Norway must say no to OOXML!

Steve Pepper is supported by the majority of the Norwegian technical
committee who were against approving OOXML, but who were overruled by
the bureaucracy at Standard Norway.

"I call on all those opposed to ISO's approval of OOXML to join this
demonstration", says Steve Pepper. "Standard Norway defends its
scandalous act by pointing to 37 identical letters that were
formulated by Microsoft and sent to Standard Norway by Microsoft's
partners and customers during the open hearing."

"If they want numbers, we can give them numbers. Join me on the street
and show your disapproval. Please pass this message on around the
globe. Let's use *our* technology for everything it is worth."

Vennlig hilsen,