[NUUG jobbmarked] Sommerjobb IT/Linux drift Oslo

Stein Vråle stein at opera.com
Wed Mar 18 19:59:51 CET 2009

Opera Software søker 2 personer til sommerjobb ved driftsavdelingen
på vårt hovedkontor i Oslo.

Vi tilbyr driftsansvar og oppgaver utifra kvalifikasjoner og interesse.

Sommeransatte blir med på driften av ca. 500 ansatte samt x00 Linux
servere, som leverer 24/7 nett tjenester til ca. 30 millioner globale
brukere.

Søknadsfristen er 1. april. Arbeidspråk er engelsk.

Søknadsskjema og mer info her:

http://www.opera.com/company/jobs/opening/210/

Summer Interns (System Administrators)

Location: Oslo, Norway, no / Wroclaw, Poland, pl

Are you a born system administrator, with a passion for helping
desperate users, maintaining and improving 24/7 systems and solving
emergency problems without panicking?

Opera’s System Administration team is accepting applications for summer
internships for 2-3 months in the period of May to September 2009.

Our internships are paid, and interns are an integral part of the team
right from the beginning—we will assign various tasks based on your
skills and interests. This is your chance to spin the machinery wheels
of the future Web!

Responsibilities:

Server and/or desktop hardware setup and troubleshooting

Requirements:

Enrolled in a 3-5 year computer science program
Experienced with the Linux operating system and TCP/IP-based networks
Creative and able to contribute both with team work and individual tasks
Fluent in spoken and written English
Located in Oslo (2 positions) or Wroclaw (2 positions)

Ideals (one or more):

Python, Perl or bash scripting
Internet protocols like HTTP/DNS/SMTP/SIP
TCP/IP routing and firewalls
Web server/proxy applications
Cygwin/Windows scripting

--