[NUUG jobbmarked] FreeBSD sysadmin - Command Line Warrior

Eirik Øverby eirik.overby at modirum.com
Wed Jun 27 14:10:48 CEST 2018

Hello everyone,

We are again looking for Command Line Warriors for our Oslo office. Last time we posted here - in 2016 - we were positively surprised by the response, not to mention we made an excellent hire. So without further ado - the job ad, as posted elsewhere:

Modirum is a worldwide player in the constantly evolving market of Card Not Present (CNP) payments. The company offers a complete spectrum of niche solutions for issuers, acquirers, processors, payment service providers and merchants to authenticate, secure and process Card Not Present payments through certified PCI-DSS geo-redundant data centers and PA-DSS certified software solutions.

For our network operation center in Oslo, Norway we’re looking for a security-minded system administrator/command line warrior with at least 5 years experience in managing UNIX systems, most preferably FreeBSD, for Internet services demanding a high level of availability, performance and security.

What you’ll do:
 - be part of the hosting team and help out handle day to day operational tasks to ensure that a maximum level of uptime and performance to end users are delivered and further developing our hosted SaaS platform.
 - take part in implementation and integration projects with new and existing clients. This often involves developing customized scripts and routines but also deploying and configuring our more standardized in-house developed applications.
 - review, enhance and potentially refactor existing integrations
 - help us out making sure our solutions and procedures comply with the security standard requirements set by our clients, the card brands and the payment card industry (PCI-DSS, amongst others).

You must:
 - hold a degree or be self-taught in Computer Science
 - have at least some familiarity with FreeBSD
 - be fluent in shell scripting, Perl, Ruby or any other common dynamic language common on *NIX systems
 - be able to handle a steep learning curve and work independently
 - have good understanding of networks and network security

We’d absolutely love it if you to have:
 - Experience with FreeBSD jails and ZFS  - which we both make heavy us of
 - In-depth knowledge of MySQL, multi-replication setup is particular, and a sincere interest in working with large amounts of data
 - Java application operation and support
 - Knowledge and experience with configuration management systems (Puppet)

We offer competitive terms and conditions and you'll be working with some of the finest folk around in a mostly relaxed atmosphere. When we don't wage war on the command line, we eat and drink and are a merry bunch. There's no hierarchy to speak of, little bureaucracy, and lots of fun.

Please contact us at clw at modirum.com or call the number below if you're interested!

Wbr
Eirik Øverby
Modirum MDpay