[NUUG kart] Need help for translation

Alexander Matheisen AlexanderMatheisen at ish.de
Sat Dec 17 14:34:39 CET 2011

Am Samstag, 17. Dezember 2011, 11:00:51 schrieben Sie:
> [Alexander Matheisen]
>
> > So if someone of you would like to translate it, just download
> > e.g. the english language files (en.php and en.js), translate them and
> > send me the files.
>
> As far as I know, the prefered format for translators working on free
> software is the gettext .po format.  This allow transltors to use their
> normal tools when working on translations.  I recommend you restructure
> your project to use .po files to make life easier for potential
> translators.
>
> There are tools like po4a and others to make it easy to integrate .po
> file usage into non-gettext projects.  Please check it out. :)

I do not know if this would be worth the effort. I would have to change wide
parts of my code and not conviced why gettext would be much easier for these
few translations.

It would be OK if you would only translate some phrases because the majority
of the strings are single words which I almost could translate with a
dictionary.

Regards
Alex