[NUUG kart] Fwd: [OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Awards 2017

Fredrik lists at 0v.no
Sun Jun 18 11:21:56 CEST 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Awards 2017
Date: 	Sun, 18 Jun 2017 12:05:00 +0300
From: 	Ilya Zverev <ilya at zverev.info>
To: 	Talk Openstreetmap <talk at openstreetmap.org>

Hi everyone,

Announcing the second OpenStreetMap Awards! Calling for nominees: add
people who did good for OSM in the past year at the website:

http://awards.osmz.ru/

This is a community award: nominees and winners are chosen by the
community. We are now opening the Call for Nominees, to learn more about
the amazing contributors to OpenStreetMap. The Awards strive to be a
worldwide event for all OpenStreetMap members, including developers,
mappers, community leaders, blog writers and everyone else. We need your
help to find the best of OpenStreetMap globally.

For the second awards, we added three more categories: for improving the
community and the map on three continents under-represented in
OpenStreetMap. We strive for increasing the diversity and expect to see
more great nominees whom the larger community has not been aware yet.
This is your chance to make yourself or people you admire visible for
the entire world. Add your nominees on the awards website!

Eligible are projects or other works that were announced after August
1st, 2016, except for the Ulf Möller Award, for which everyone is
eligible regardless of the time when they were active in the project.
Winners of past awards and selection committee members (in their
categories) cannot be nominated.

This year the nominees for the short list will be decided not by a
single committee, but by a separate groups of people. For example, the
Innovations award will be manager by the Engineering Working Group, and
the Writing award — by the Communications WG.

We don't have selection committees for mapping, community and regional
awards, so if you want to participate, please contact me. Note that this
will exclude you from the list of nominees.

The call for nominees will close on 9th of July, and shortly after that
we will start the second round, choosing the award recipients.

Ilya