AlaveteliCon in Oslo, let's try and make it happen!

Gemma Humphrys gemma at mysociety.org
Mon Mar 6 17:01:34 CET 2017

Hi everyone,

Petter suggested that I write to you all, regarding our plans to hold
another AlaveteliCon
<https://www.mysociety.org/freedom-of-information/alaveteli/alavetelicon-2015/>.
He also said that you're happy to help where you can, so I really
appreciate that.

The great news is that NUUG Foundation have very generously offered us
€10,000 if we hold it in Oslo. They have offered us €5,000 if we hold it in
Finland or Sweden.

This is a real help, but we still need to raise more funds to make the
event happen. I am still waiting to hear back from a couple of Finnish
funds that we have applied for, but in the meantime I'd like to approach
potential Norwegian sponsors to ask for their support.

Does anyone have any suggestions of organisations that might be interested
in supporting AlaveteliCon? Or venues that might allow us to use their
space for free or a small charge?

Any advice/support/help would be very gratefully received! I'm really
passionate about making another AlaveteliCon happen, as the 2015 one was a
really inspiring event, as I hope Gorm would agree :) Plus there have been
lots of developments for Alaveteli, so it'll be great to discuss these and
other issues affecting FOI.

Please refer to this budget document
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YNCa1W9msE_hCIFfKryfoe8_9XoLdCJ9FXW6BqGgb-c/edit#gid=995134144>
for the projected costs of the event, based on the costs to run the 2015
<https://www.mysociety.org/freedom-of-information/alaveteli/alavetelicon-2015/>
and 2012 <http://alaveteli.org/community/conferences/2012/> events.

If you have any questions, or need more information about AlaveteliCon, let
me know!

Regarding venues, we're looking for somewhere that will be suitable for up
to 60 people in 'theatre' style.

Thanks so much in advance,

Best,
Gemma.

--

Gemma Humphrys

*Events Manager /** Alaveteli Partnerships Manager *

mySociety | mysociety.org <http://www.mysociety.org/>