Functionality added : conformance level description

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Dec 1 23:55:20 CET 2016

BTW: Your mail lacked references to the mail you are replying to
 (In-Reply-To and References headers), and break email threading.  Which
 client are you using?

[Thomas Sødring]
> OK! But you shouldn't have to log in to retrieve anything from the
> context path.

Aha.  I get a login page now when running 'GET
http://127.0.0.1:8092/noark5v4'.  Btw, I noticed a link to an external
CSS stylesheet.  From a privacy point of view I would strongly recommend
to not do that.  See
for a story from someone successfully removing such information leaking
URLs from their pages.

> I'll double check that but I think the api conformity
> descriptions should be available without logging in. I'm hoping you're
> getting content type *application/vnd.noark5-v4+json* and not
> *application/json*

I do.

> First I have to say that I think the standard is woefully under
> described. I was also not part of the committee that developed it so I
> have no definitive answer as to why there are 2 apis (arkivstruktur
> and sakarkiv). But I can reason that the arkivstruktur api is related
> to common functionality, while sakarkiv is a specific subset of
> functionality that has been pulled out to it's own api, representing
> the domain of case-handling. Any case handling system will use both
> apis. So byggesak will be its own "domain" like sakarkiv is. It will
> have its own metadata. It might be that byggesak will extend sakarkiv,
> but that remains to be seen.

I do not really know and am probably wrong, but I understood
arkivstruktur as a way to get access to the archive plan, while sakarkiv
is where the case documents are available.

> An interesting question is what should be at
> http://localhost:8092/noark5v4/hateoas-api/arkivstruktur? Does the
> standard even say that? I don't think the standard has anything there.
> The self-exploratory nature of HATEOAS suggests that it probably
> should give you a list of what you can do given the role/user that is
> logged on. So if you are record manager (arkivleder) you will see
> things like fonds (arkiv), but if you are a case handler
> (saksbehandler) you will see your case files.

No idea, but I expected something that would bring me from
arkivstruktur/ to arkivstruktur/arkiv/ for automatic discovery to work.
I guess <URL: http://n5test.kxml.no/api/arkivstruktur > tell us
something about what should be there.

> So you should be going to
> http://localhost:8092/noark5v4/hateoas-api/arkivstruktur/arkiv
> instead.

Thanks.  This gave me an <ArrayList> XML block with info partly imported
from the SQL dump.  Why is it json at the top and XML at the bottom?
Does the standard require to use both encodings?

--
Happy hacking