Make source acceptable in Debian?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Dec 6 23:51:03 CET 2016

Just a quick followup on this.  I tested the debian tools on the source,
to see how hard it would be to make a Debian package.  I installed
maven-debian-helper and ran

  DEBFULLNAME="Petter Reinholdtsen" DEBEMAIL=pere at debian.org mh_make

After several questions and analyzing the source code, the script
reported two missing dependencies mentioned three places blocking the
build:

  core-common/pom.xml: dependency is not packaged in the Maven
    repository for Debian:
    org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-data-jpa:debian
  core-webapp/pom.xml: dependency is not packaged in the Maven
    repository for Debian:
    org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-web:debian
  core-webapp/pom.xml: dependency is not packaged in the Maven
    repository for Debian:
    org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-web:debian

That isn't too bad.  I guess we should submit WNPP requests[1] asking
for their inclusion, if they are going to be used by nikita also in the
future.

 [1] <URL: http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/ >.

--
Happy hacking