A "new" approach to extractions

Thomas Sødring thomas.sodring at hioa.no
Mon Apr 3 10:54:20 CEST 2017

Hi,

While discussing extractions over the weekend, I pointed to the
following document on #nikita:

http://www.ikakongsberg.no/uploads//filer/Forstudie---IKA-kjerne.pdf

I was involved in the report and on the sideline of the follow up work
at IKA Kongsberg. One of the things the archive profession in Norway
needs to do is to move away from the collect and deposit mentality.

As part of nikita I would like to have the possibility to automatically
upload a case file to an archive once its status is set to finalised.
Spring supports a nice event model that we can latch onto to achieve
this. Once a casefile is finished, we can upload a copy. An interesting
approach is that a municipality should also be able to retrieve
case-files back again in this manner. If we do this right, there is an
interesting backup approach being built into Noark.

I hope to start with the block chain integration this week. I will use
events in the core as well to help with that.

 - Tom