Hvordan bør epost lagres i en NOARK5-database?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Apr 4 14:24:38 CEST 2017

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Gah, an obvious answer to this question occured to me.  We can perhaps
> add some metadata to the PDF to identify the PDF type (ie PDF with
> attached email).  Anyone know if it possible?

I have not been able to find a list of possible metadata fields.  Is it
a fixed list or can we make up our own metadata fields?

But I did investigate PDF/A and embedded files.  Embedding unspecified
content in PDF/A is allowed in PDF/A-3 (strangely enough), but this is
not allowed according to the Noark 5 standard.  Luckily, as it would
accept files that could not be interepreted in the future.  So storing
emails like proposed using PDF/A-1 (currently accepted) or PDF/A-2
(might become accepted) is not possible.

Btw, why isn't Noark 5 simply accepting emails as emails into the
archive?  In other words, plain text with header \n\n body.  Perhaps we
should send them a proposal for this?  Where are new formats proposed?
Noark 5 should simply accept IETF RFC 5322 formatted emails.  Anything
else is simply going to be a cludge.

--
Happy hacking