Updated version 0.1 of Nikita - interface update

Thomas Sødring thomas.sodring at hioa.no
Thu Feb 2 12:07:33 CET 2017

On 02/02/2017 11:30 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Thomas Sødring]
>> *Issue 1. Mime types*
>> Some controllers were not set to produce
>>
>>  application/vnd.noark5-v4+json
>>
>> All controllers now both produce and *assume*
>> application/vnd.noark5-v4+json
> I suspect this was incorrectly implemented to assume a MIME type also
> for the GET requests.  It should only be required for POST.

Yes. I just pushed a new update to make sure
application/vnd.noark5-v4+json is only assumed as input for POST. All
GETs should return application/vnd.noark5-v4+json and not assume
anything on input. I have to update the curl script to reflect this as well!

>> Thanks for testing! It will be good to know the interface is
>> independently verified correct when we're done! Part of me thinks I
>> should use your script, but I think at the moment it's better if we do
>> the testing independently. We are more likely to discover various
>> problems this way, as you have shown already! If I become dependent on
>> your script, I might miss some stuff!
> I'm perfectly happy with maintaining a separate code base to test any
> NOARK 5 core API. :)
>
> After modifying my GETs to send Content-Type, I got 34 successes and 3
> failures.  The failures are with gui/, import-api/ and
> hateoas-api/arkivstrutur-ny-arkiv/.  On the second run the script fail
> earlier, probably because there is data in the database.  I'll
> investigate this later.

I am happy to hear that. Maybe your script can accept a 501 from the
import-api as a sucess rather than a failure as the import-api is not
part of standard? I will not look at the gui at the moment. KDRS might
be doing a job on the gui so I want to concentrate all my efforts on
moving forward with things that are part of the standard.

There are two more interfaces, in addition to sakarkiv and
arkivstruktur, from what I can tell by reading the standard. These are
called  'metadata' and 'administrasjon'. 'metadata' seems to be used
with I call secondary entities.

BTW, elasticsearch integration went very smoothly. When I persist via
hibernate it automatically persists to elasticsearch at the same time. I
can also query this data from the elasticsearch interface on the
commandline. Maybe after a while, we can remove the database.

 - Tom