Correct rel and _links for ny-arkiv?

Thomas Sødring thomas.sodring at hioa.no
Mon Feb 6 14:13:06 CET 2017

On 02/06/2017 10:07 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Thomas Sødring]
>> Taking a look at this I think I've mixed up the rels for advertising
>> arkivstrutur:
>>
>>  http://rel.kxml.no/noark5/v4/api/arkivstruktur/
>>
>> with the rel used when creating a new fonds object:
>>
>>  http://rel.kxml.no/noark5/v4/api/administrasjon/ny-arkiv/
>>  http://rel.kxml.no/noark5/v4/api/arkivstruktur/ny-arkiv/
>>
>> It's an easy fix, but I'll do it as described below.
> Ah, good.
I took a look at page 57 and am implementing all the links there. I
think i'll work from the document going forward and add all links per
entity. This will take a few days as there are a few new controllers to
be introduced. I'll try and commit often, but I'll give the list a shout
when I thin kit's ready for you to test!

>> It's intentional, proper _links should be in place in 0.2. One of the
>> things I understand a Noark core should do according to the standard
>> is that it should return links of what the user is able to do based on
>> access rights.
> Yes.
>
>> So I have to write a handler class that populates these links with
>> correct values. This class also needs to interact with some
>> role/action description service. As far as I can tell, that is not
>> specified anywhere in Noark, nor should it be as it's very application
>> and domain specific.
> Well, they could have standardized on LDAP directory groups, as it is
> the common way to do this across a lot of sites, at least as an optional
> specification.  But I agree, it is hard to make a generic solution for
> this.
This is a good point. I dont know much about LDAP, but at least if I
start here there's a good chance I'll make something kinda standardised.
I have added the handler class so I am now producing self links for
Noark entites and have all the links for fonds in place.

>> I will try and publish a working version of the 0.2 branch which has
>> the shell of a handler that at least can give the self _links.  I have
>> not used git that much before and am a little worried about how to
>> merge 0.1 with 0.2 so that 0.2 has all the updates from 0.1. I could
>> try a merge but I’m afraid that I’ll break the codebase in some
>> way. You have commented that I "kill" codebases before. I think this
>> might be one of those reasons I do that. It's easier to manually pull
>> everything together and starting again than merging into a mess.
> You should do this using a test branch based on 0.2, see below.  When
> you want to merge 0.2 into master/0.1, you should follow the alternative
> procedure based on the master branch.
>
>> So any tips on how to merge 0.1 and 0.2 would be appreciated!
> There are two ways to test if this is going to work without burning any
> bridges.  It is a matter of taste if you want to do it one way or
> another.  Way way, based on 0.1:
>
>  1) do a test merge by creating a new branch based on 0.1:
>     'git checkout master; git checkout -b testmerge'
>  2) merge the 0.2 branch into this new test branch and clean up any
>     merge conflicts:
>     'git merge 0.2-REST-Interface'
>     [clean up, finish with 'git commit']
>  3) Once you are happy with the result in the testmerge branch, repeat
>     the process using the master branch instead (or merge the testmerge
>     branch into master, but this can cause problems if someone commited
>     to the master branch while you tested).
>
> If you want to base it on the 0.2 branch instead, do 'git checkout
> 0.2-REST-Interface; git checkout -b 'testmerge; git merge master'
> instead.  You might want to consider 'git rebase' in this case, but it
> is in general
>
> There is also 'git cherry-pick' if you only want to merge selected
> commits from the 0.2 branch into master.  This might make merging the
> two branches a bit harder in the future, but we go from easy to
> annoying, it is not really problematic. :)

OK, thanks. I'll give it a go this afternoon!