0.1 and 0.2 merged

Thomas Sødring thomas.sodring at hioa.no
Tue Feb 7 15:02:44 CET 2017

On 02/07/2017 02:17 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Thomas Sødring]
>> Hi,
>>
>> I hope (fingers crossed) that the 0.1 branch has been merged into 0.2 .
>> This means that all the fixes for 0.1 that the test script was finding
>> should now be available in 0.2. 0.2 expects a running elasticsearch
>> instance. See readme notes on the required version of elasticsearch.
> As far as I can tell, you merged 0.2 into master.  I hope this was the
> intention.  Btw, you should probably tag releases (for example using
> 'git tag release_0_2').
No it was not my intention, but merging back into master was going to
happen eventually. The code is stable enough to be master I think. I
thought I tagged when I created the branch. But it makes sense that you
formally tag!

So I need to look into this a little more! I will create another little
project and play around with git so that I can learn the intricacies of it.

>> Once data is persisted now it is available in both the database and
>> elasticsearch. So you can query elasticsearch if you want to play
>> around with Noark and elasticsearch.
> What do you mean by 'once data is persisted'?
There is a transaction at the application level when I push data to the
database. With the current release, data is being pushed both to the
database and elasticsearch within the same transaction. So the database
and elasticsearch should remain consistent. If you want to test a scrape
from OEP, you will now find the data in elasticsearch as well and you
query it there, while waiting the search part of the interface to be
developed.

>> Somehow I expect a few bug reports :) I am learning git at the moment
>> so hopefully I haven't broken anything!
> Seem to build just fine, at least.  But my development environment need
> an update before I can test it properly. :)

I'm getting more errors on your script, but I think I'll let you test it
rather than trying to figure it out myself.