Data extraction client?

Thomas Sødring thomas.sodring at hioa.no
Tue Feb 14 14:00:18 CET 2017

On 02/13/2017 09:52 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Thomas, I started wondering after reading your article on comparing
> several data dumps from a municipality, do you have a NOARK 5 client to
> dump the data from a NOARK 5 database?  If not, how did you create your
> export from the database?

I think you are referring to the N4OK report. If so, the report you have
read builds on the following code:

https://github.com/KDRS-SA/noark4-uttrekk-php

If not, then maybe you are referring to this:

https://journals.hioa.no/index.php/arkiv/article/view/1670/1522

If it's this report, then the comparison was done manually.  A
municipality had a consultant create an extraction and  IKA Kongsberg
used my code to create an extraction from the same database. We found
significant deviations. Both were for Noark 4, not Noark 5. This code
works for a particular version of ESA (7 I think).

I also started a mapping tool that can map Noark 4 databases to Noark 5.
You can find that here:

https://github.com/KDRS-SA/fenrir

But that's really just a test of the concept and needs a lot of work!
It was developed  as a result of an expression of interest that it
should be possible to view Noark 4 databases in a Noark 5 core.

> (And what exactly is the process called in English, ie 'depondering av
> arkiv' in Norwegian. :)

There isn't really a good translation so I just call it depositing the
data with the archive.

 - Tom