Data extraction client?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Feb 15 13:12:26 CET 2017

[Thomas Sødring]
> From a first guess, there is enough in the API to support extraction
> making!  Normally you might use a findAll method and process the
> database in a particular fashion to make an extraction, but the
> interface has no real findAll (avoid returning 300000 records in a
> single call). Pagination is required so we'd process the core through
> pages of results. It is possible!

Good.

A nice way to everything is working as it should, would be to import a
data set and export it again, and verify that the content did not
change.  Do you think that would be possible with nikita and the API?

I suspect the systemID values will change, if there is no way to set
them.  Is there any control of the uniqueness of such IDs?

> I wrote some code  (php) to validate a Noark 5 extraction that might be
> of interest:
>
> https://github.com/KDRS-SA/noark5-validator
>
> You can find two example extractions here:
>
> https://github.com/KDRS-SA/noark5-validator/tree/master/src/resources/test-uttrekk
>
> I think one is correct, while the other has some mistakes

Right.  Perhaps we should have importing the correct one as a short term
goal, along with an extraction program?

> Good idea! We can develop it together if you want. You tend to be two
> steps ahead so you will probably have it done first :) But I
> definitely think that such a module is mandatory for a Noark 5 core.

I'll see what I can do.  I first plan to add more data using my test
script, and try to verify that the field content is controlled for
invalid and valid values. :)

--
Happy hacking