Nikita v0.1.0 released

Thomas Sødring thomas.sodring at hioa.no
Tue Jan 31 21:13:18 CET 2017

Hi,

As you might have seen from the discussions here I released a 0.1.0
version of the nikita core. Here follows a little bit of information
about the release

All of the main Noark entities (fonds to documentObject) are available as:

 - CREATE/POST (requires a JSON payload with mandatory values)
 - READ/GET by systemId
 - READ/GET all (findAll)

There is code in place to handle all secondary entities. That  means
things like screening, comments etc. This code has been *minimally
tested* so I expect there to be some problems there.

There is a run_curl.sh script that will populate the database for you
and show how to retrieve an instance of most objects. There is a
dependency on the JSON command-line parser, jq , that is used in the
populating script. jq could probably be replaced with awk/sed.

The project description has been updated and should give you the
necessary information to interact with core.

A lot of work in the last month has been focused on getting the N5v4
interface up and running and handling incoming JSON payloads,
deserialising and serialising Noark objects. All serialisation and
deserialastion is handled by own code. I have done it this way as the
N5v4 standard is not final and I'd hate to go forward and find out the
code can't handle serialisation. This version should now implement
HATEOAS descriptions properly and the core should now be publishing it's
available resources.

It's worth noting that the N5v4 standard is still in BETA and I expect
there to be changes. I'm not sure if the way secondary entities
(comments etc) are handled is properly described. It seems that (at the
moment) these are set in the JSON payload but I think they might be set
via the REST interface in a later version of the interface. So the code
has been developed to handle both approaches.

In case you don't where the github page is, take a look here:

  https://github.com/HiOA-ABI/nikita-noark5-core

 - Tom