nikita 0.1.1 released

Thomas Sødring Thomas.Sodring at hioa.no
Fri Jun 9 09:15:41 CEST 2017

Folks,

We are pleased to announce that we have released 0.1.1 of nikita.

A high level overview of the work that has been carried out is detailed in:

https://github.com/HiOA-ABI/nikita-noark5-core/blob/master/NEWS.md

A lot of the work that has been undertaken recently has to been mature the codebase and we are now using coverity to find and remove bugs. We invested a lot of time into the GUI and have a basic GUI up and running. The GUI is built solely on top of the interface standard.

To get an idea of the amount of work, a diffstat between 0.1.0 and 0.1.1 shows :  575 files changed, 37778 insertions(+), 12727 deletions(-). So this release has also seen the removal of code, not just the addition of code.

The next release will be 0.1.2 and should see a fully functional GUI. We hope to release this on monday 03. july.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the project!

 - Tom