Blockchain presentation yesterday

Thomas Sødring Thomas.Sodring at hioa.no
Tue Jun 20 10:06:59 CEST 2017

Folks,

Yesterday I gave a presentation on blockchain and arkiv to a group of
archivists and IT people. The presentation is attached. I think the
Norwegian Police (POD) are interested in following the project up
somehow and I will suggest a small scale pilot project where we
integrate image / video / audio capture from mobile devices that are
automatically sent to the police archives and checksums covering content
is automatically registered in a block chain. This could allow a new way
to ensure the chain-of-custody of multimedia content captured at a crime
scene and would allow such content to be verifiable authentic during a
court proceedings.

 - Thomas