Status nikita project for those not on #nikita

Thomas Sødring Thomas.Sodring at hioa.no
Tue Jun 20 10:32:43 CEST 2017

Foks,

Only a few people that are on the mailing list are on #nikita so we thought we'd try to update you with what's been going on.

The nikita project currently is four projects:

 * nikita-core
 * nikita-gui
 * noark5-tester (n5 interface validation tool)
 * noark5-parser

I am responsible for nikita-core, which is the Noark 5 core, that should be a case-handling core. Both Petter and I have been working on nikita-gui. Petter is developing noark5-tester, an independent tool to test if a Noark 5 system is in fact compliant with the interface standard. Ole is working on noark5-parser, a tool that can import a noark 5 extraction to nikita via the interface standard. You will probably also have seen that we have started integration with a blockchain technology, but that's at a very early stage and mostly at the conceptual planning level.

So the project is pretty broad at the moment and I am seeing interest from others where they are asking what the heck we are up to and why.

I spoke to some people from Riksarkivet yesterday and they confirmed that they will pick up the tjenestegrensesnitt project again. Defined resources in terms of two staff members and one external consultant are in place. They are aware of all the mangelmeldinger we sent in and are wondering how to process them. I informed them that we are developing the GUI solely based on the tjenestegrensesnitt and about the noark5-tester  tool. So I hope they follow up these two initiatives in some way.

If you want to look at the respective projects, they can be found as follows:

nikita-core : https://github.com/HiOA-ABI/nikita-noark5-core/
nikita-gui : https://github.com/HiOA-ABI/nikita-noark5-core/tree/master/web
noark5-tester : https://github.com/petterreinholdtsen/noark5-tester/
noark5-parser : https://github.com/oleaamot/noark5-parser

The next scheduled release is a GUI-release that we hope to push by 30th June, before slowing things down before the summer vacation. This is primarily intended to be used for teaching purposes, but also puts in place in handy demo of the project.

 - Tom